Pim1(ccm 7.x) and vrupim2 (cvp) don't go active.

Unanswered Question
Feb 22nd, 2010

I am building my UCCE lab in a virtual environment. I am following the notes from the ICM staging guide. So far I have configured UCM and registered 3 phones, configured the same as my PIM1 and a CVP 7.0 as PIM2 in a composite PG simplex environment. My issue is none of my pims do go active. I have checked my hostnames and connection ports in both cvp and setup. Can some experts suggest me how to trouble shoot these issues?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
ranjan-98 Tue, 02/23/2010 - 06:33

Yes. I have downloaded the JTAPI client and installed in the PG server. As a matter of fact, I am running one virtual server as all-in-one. Separate UCM and separate CVP.

As above - it could be many things.

The first thing to determine is - are the PIMs not going active because the Router is not telling them to go active?

The next thing to check is that the PIMs are enabled.

Did you configure the Router during ICMSetup that it should see a PG? Since you made a Generic PG with an EAgent PIM and a VRU PIM, you probably just put "1" in the Router setup (I'm thinking you have UCCE 7.5). Correct? If you put "2" there thinking you have two PGs it will not work.

On the Router machine, look at the title bar of the PGAgent process - it will tell you how many PGs it expects. It is the link from the Router to all the PGs.

Run ICMSetup (once installed, just run it from \icm\bin\ICMSetup.exe) and check the two PIMs on your PG. Is the "Enabled" check box ticked?

On the PG machine, watch the output of CCAgent - it is the link back to the Router. Do you see the messages coming down to activate the PG?

As noted, it could be a number of things, but double check these.

ranjan-98 Tue, 02/23/2010 - 06:43

Geoff, Thanks for the valuable suggestions. I did find some mistakes in my Router config and corrected. Since this is a Lab environment, following is my config detail:

All-in-one virtual server ICM.

Separate virtual CVP

Separate UCM.

Separate virtual Dialer.

As I was telling at first instance, I have a Generic PG and have UCM and CVP as under this Generic PG. UCM1 as PID 5000 and CVP1 as PID 5001. Now my confusion is when I configure PGs in ICM setup, Should I use one PG1 Node for both Peripherals or use PG1 for UCM and PG2 for CVP? I am got the concept . If I get clear on this, I think I should be fine.

Cisco use slightly different names for these things depending on whether you are doing Config or Setup. In Config you created a PG of type Generic PG and added two Peripherals, 5000 and 5001. Now you need to run Setup to match this.

The best way is to do this in two stages so you don't get confused. First, Add a PG and select the type CallManager, go through the next steps with the PIM (JTAPI credentials) and finish. Let it start up and see if it goes active - JTAPI connection etc.

Now shut down, fire ICMSetup again and edit the PG. From the client type selection screen, push a VRU type over to the right. You will remain on PG Node properties = PG 1.

Set up the PIM, make sure it's enabled - all other settings are filled in already and a correct. You are just adding another PIM to the PG. You are allowed to mix a CUCM and VRU PIM.

Now finish and start the node. You should now get the VRU PIM to go active.

This Discussion