Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.2.0 E-mail Notification

Scelo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't know if i missed this somewhere, if i did, kindly refer me to the right location for the soluiton.

1. I just installed LMS 3.2 on windows 2003 Server with DFM 3.2.0 AND funny enough i get the same challenge as i use to in LMS 3.1. DFM sends e-mail alerts but after some time it stops sending out this alerts. I hit this challenge in one of our customers and the quick but no good solution was to restart Daemon Manager.

I understand NOSServer use to hang in DFM 2.X, does this mean the bug have come to life?

I have attached few logs for your convinience.

2. Another problem is with devices on the Questioned state, i see most people are be hit by this one - is there a fix in a pipeline?

3. When trying to edit Polling & Threshold i get a PTM Server related error even though i made to changes yet.

Your quick respond in this regards shall be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you have a corrupt DFM repository file.  If this was an upgrade from 3.1, that could explain why your issues remain the same.  Try reinitializing the DFM databases (and repositories), and see if your problems go away:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps and DFM1.rps.

If you're worried about losing notification customizations, you could try just deleting the DFM repository files, but it's a good idea to keep the databases and repos in sync.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you have a corrupt DFM repository file.  If this was an upgrade from 3.1, that could explain why your issues remain the same.  Try reinitializing the DFM databases (and repositories), and see if your problems go away:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps and DFM1.rps.

If you're worried about losing notification customizations, you could try just deleting the DFM repository files, but it's a good idea to keep the databases and repos in sync.

Thanks Joe,

This seems to be working but i still need to await confirmation from my client since I can't get mails myself.

I just wish to highlight this to anyone who experienced the same problem and planning to try what seem to have worked for me (Joe's solution).

Don't be quick to start creating notifications groups, give DFM sometime to settle done after adding devices to it (otherwise you'll end up not seeing your Groups where they're suppose to be!)

All in all, this solution does wonders. I will advice if this challenge continues.

Kind regards,

P:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: