Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new node to a CUCM cluster

Inaki Kortazar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have installed a 7.1(3) call manager. We would like to add a second node in order to create a cluster. We would like to know what the procedure is for obtaining a second node license.

Thank you very much!!

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using standard CUCM (not business edition), then you'd need to email licensing@

cisco.com to see what you are entitled to.  If you are already entitled to a second node, they can reissue a new license that allows that.  If you are not, you'll need to work with your Cisco AM to get the appropriate licensing purchased.

Thank you very much for your answer. They have told me that my L-CM7.0-7825= is only for one node. So, I need to purchase the license for the second node. But, from Cisco TAC they told me that I do not need to purchase a L-CM7.0-7825= license, since it is a software and node license. They told me that there is another part number only for node license (but they did not tell me the part number). I asked about this to my reseller and they did not know anything about that license. Could someone tell me the part number for that only node license?

Thanks again!!

Hi Inaki,

The part number is definitely L-CM7.0-7825=, I have just installed a cluster with two nodes in myself. I have checked my software licence key from Cisco and I have that as the product name. I have two licences each is assigned against the MAC address of the Publisher.

Be aware that you need to licence both against the Publisher MAC, I made the mistake of registering the Subscriber MAC to the licence and I couldn't upload it.

Cheers,

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: