Due to New Corporate Security Policies, only 2 servers can access the routers and switches via SSH2 and Telnet.
The Server that Cisco Works is running on, now can only access the routers and switches via SNMP v2 only.
Network Devices are syslog'ing to Cisco Works, but not SNMP Trap'ing to Cisco Works.
No TFTP from/to Cisco Works
I am trying to come up with a list of items that are useless now in Cisco Works:
No SSH/Telnet access to Routers/Switches
1) no Configuration Version'ing - Running config to Startup config or to various versions.
2) no Copying of the VLAN.dat file for backup, uses TFTP
3) no Copying of the IOS from flash for backup, uses TFTP
No SNMP Traps to Cisco Works
1) disables notifications to Cisco Works when a configuration change has been made, causing the new config to be archived promptly instead of waiting
on the collection job to run.
2) Renders the User Tracking Tool basically useless, could track dot1X switch ports status and other info.
SNMP only access from Routers/Switches
1) can modify Router/Switch Configs from Cisco Works
2) Archive of Router/Switch Configs to Cisco Works.
This is what I came up with so far, if anyone can add to the list, I would appreciate it.