Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 ACL Help.

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have a new policy to block IPv6 routing header extension type 0, 1 and 3-255.  This is what I have came up:

ipv6 access-list inbound

deny ipv6 any any routing-type 0 log

deny ipv6 any any routing-type 1 log

However, I don't want to type every single ACL entry from 3 to 255.  From the CLI, I don't see a way to do 3 - 255.  Does anyone know?

So it would look like this:

ipv6 access-list inbound

deny ipv6 any any routing-type 0 log

deny ipv6 any any routing-type 1 log

deny ipv6 any any routing-type 3-255 log

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You only want to permit routing-type 2? You can do the following

ipv6 access-list inbound

permit ipv6 any any routing-type 2 log

The ipv6 ACL will have an implicit deny ipv6 any any at the end.

Regards,

jerry

Thanks Jerry.  But I still would like to know some kind of "range" command within IPv6 ACL.  Anyone else knows?

Hello Kevin,

current command reference does not provide a range option for routing-type a specific value is expected

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/command/reference/ipv6_10.html#wp2268514

also because only first values have been defined for real use:

integer in the range from 0 to  255 representing an IPv6 routing header type. Possible routing header  types and their corresponding routing-number value are as follows:

0—Standard IPv6 routing header

2—Mobile IPv6 routing header

By the way, Jerry's solution should work well and shows how to deal with this limitation

if you want to add a third line to use log option you could use an explicit deny without any routing-type option.

Permitted routing type values are matched by previous lines

Edit:

in a previous line you can permit routing-type 2 ( I see is the only one you are interested to permit)

a second line can deny all the rest with log option

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card