Views
Helpful
Replies

MobileConnect Calling Party ID

Kenneth.Nicaise
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get MobileConnect configured just right in our CUCM 7.0 environment.

Functionally, I have everything working with the exception of the Calling Party ID that's being passed through.

Currently, if a outside device calls into my desk extension, my desk extension displays the full number of the calling party. Using a Remote Destination Profile I'm able to also have this call route out to my cell phone which also displays the full number of the calling party.  That much is good.

The issue is if an internal extension calls my desk phone, then desk phone displays the 5 digit internal extension number of the calling party. However, when this call routes through the RDP to my cell phone, my cell phone only displays the same 5 digit extension number.  

Normally, we apply an Calling Party Transformation on all outbound calls to transform our 5 digit internal extensions into full 10 digit numbers.  So, extension 12345 gets transformed using a pattern of 11122XXXXX into 1112212345.

However, I found that I needed to drop this transformation on the RDP otherwise it was converting an external number like 2223334321 through 11122XXXXX and passing it through as 1112234321 which was not what we wanted.

Essentially I need to find a way transform only our internal 5 digit extensions when routing through the RDP without transforming external 10 digit numbers at the same time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

seaman0555
Level 1
Level 1

You may need to create a separate CSS, partition and route pattern so only these call flow through and you can adjust the mask accordingly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: