Views
Helpful
Replies

problems discovering PIX 525

jesper_fr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In Common services I have problems discovering some pix firewalls, running 6.3(5) software. I have a SNMP tool that can discover the firewalls if i'm using SNMP version 1. I don't have the option to choose version 1 in Cisco Works (except if i do a SNMP walk from the device center, then it works. In device center I can choose version 1). In the discovery settings, I can only choose version 2c or 3.

Any good ideas besides opgrading the firewall softvare

Thanks,

Jesper

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the bug notes, Common Services 3.3 should have support for SNMPv1 device discovery:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsu82153

So if you can upgrade to LMS 3.2, that'd be one way to work around upgrading the PIX.

You're absolutely right.  I actually filed a bug for this CSCsu82153.  The fix was implemented in LMS 3.2 which offers the ability to fall back from SNMPv2c to SNMPv1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: