Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold

Derek McCormick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you know if it is possible to configure Call Manager 7 for the following scenario

Call comes into receptionist which she answers. While on the call, another call comes in  and the CCM is configured to auto answer this call and put the call on hold until the receptionsit finishes their origianal call. I suppose it is some sort of basic queuing configuration I am looking for. Do i Need to use IPCC express?

Thanks,
Derek

4 Replies 4

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check into the config guide for the Attendant Console / Unified Attendant Console.

You can setup very basic queuing on this.

You dont actually have to point the hunt list to Attendant Console users, you can just point them to DN's so no one needs to run the app.

There are now limitations with the Attendant Console itself as Cisco is re-selling Arc consoles for this functionality now.

I think the underlying AC config should work though.

Cheers,

Tim.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Derek,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Tim (+5 Tim)

If this is a new CUCM 7.x build you may not have access to the Attendant Console, but if you do

It sounds like the AC Broadcast Hunting method might be a nice fit because it really approximates some standard Call Centre functions. The ability to Queue up callers and play either Music or some sort of "Hold in Queue" messaging as well as Login/Logout for the staff is great.You can use the setting for the "Always Route Member" to route calls to VM after a specified time or if too many calls are holding. This Voicemail can be setup on the Pilot Point number so that it doesn't hit the users Personal mailbox. Have a look;

**Broadcast Hunting - When a call arrives at the pilot point, Cisco TCD answers the call, places the call on hold, adds the call to the queue, and displays the call in the Broadcast Calls window on attendant PCs. While on hold, the caller receives music on hold, if it is configured. Any attendant can answer the call from the Broadcast Calls window. You can choose this option from the Attendant Console Configuration tool.

Understanding Broadcast Hunting

Broadcast hunting enables Cisco Cisco CallManager Attendant Console to answer calls and place them into a queue. The attendant console displays the queued calls to all available attendants after inserting the calls into the queue and to all attendants that become available while the call is in the queue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The attendant console only broadcasts calls to attendants that are set up as user/line number hunt group members in the broadcast hunting pilot point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The queued calls appear in the Broadcast Calls window on the attendant PC.

Any attendant in the hunt group that is online can answer the queued calls. Cisco CallManager Attendant Console does not automatically send the calls to an attendant.

You can specify the following values for each broadcast hunting pilot point:

Queue Size - This field specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that i s specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console drops the call when the queue size limit is reached.

Hold Time - This field specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco CallManager Attendant Console keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to the "AlwaysRoute" member. If you do not configure an always route member, the call remains in the queue until an attendant becomes available.

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks for the help lads. Its Call Manager 7, so looks like they may need to purchase ARC

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Guys,

Thanks Rob!

Derek - I think you will actually be able to do it without purchasing Arc or even using an attendant console on the PC itself.

The AC service is actually all you need to use, which is still there in 7.

As Rob pointed out - there are some limitations on that very simple approach.

So if you want operator console, plus more flexibility, I would definitely recommend looking into Arc, its a great product.

Cisco should have OEM'd it for the attendant console a long time ago!

Cheers,

Tim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: