Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 sessions

lcuchisanmillan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

We have a problem with H.323 sessions.. We have upgraded two Cisco ASA 5520 with 8.2(1) version. After this we have problem with H.323 sessions. The sessions are establish through Call Manager and communications works fine some minutes. Then the sessions are lost they donĀ“t hold keep-alive.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can check the ASA h323 logs and debugs when the session is torn down to try to identify the cause they are torn down.

Open a case with TAC for deeper investigation.

PK

Thanks PK,

Do you know if there exists a specific debug for H323, or the which is the most useful debug we should setup?

Thank you!

I would suggested "logging level debug" and "debug h323 h225 event" and "debug h323 h245 events"

I hope it sheds some light.

PK

Hi PK,

We haven't configured yet the h323 debug, but we did another test capturing simple logs from ASDM and we've setup a sniffer capture, and there we see TCP Keep Alive packets between Call Managers are getting lost when the conversation is mantained about 300 sec of duration, and finally the CM sends a RST packet.

Could be this a bug in the H323 inspection rule?

Regards,

If the ASA is dropping keepalives then it could be a defect.

I haven't seen something like that in 8.2.1 though.

"sh service-policy" will show you if the h323 inspection has any drops though.

I hope it helps.

PK

http://cdetsweb-prd.cisco.com/apps/goto?identifier=CSCsy30717

CSCsy30717   Keepalive not processed correctly thru TCP Proxy

Resolved in 8.2.1(10)

Symptom:
TCP Keep Alives between h323 endpoints are not processed correctly by the ASA. 

Workaround:
None

-KS

Hi to all

Thank you! you're very kind! I'm going to download 8.2.1(10) an schedule an upgrade. If this solve the problem I'll notice that to all.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card