Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Issue in RME

kamallohiaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am able to see sylog messeges if I  enable snmp syslog traps in my device. but not able to generate syslog messages report in RME , I have already enabled logging commands with LMS IP and default port 514 in my devices, all other syslog services are also running fine., I have also enabled syslog backup policy with default path.

Pls find the attached logs and kindly check where may be the isuue.

Rgds,

Kamal Singh

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not see any Cisco syslog messages in this syslog.log file.  If you have logging enabled on the devices, make sure that udp/514 is open between the device and the LMS server.  To verify that the messages are making it to the server, start a sniffer trace on the LMS server filtering on udp/514 traffic.  Generate some messages from a test device, and confirm that you see those messages in the sniffer trace.  If not, check with your firewall or network administrators to make sure there are no filters or ACLs which could be blocking this traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: