CAD / CSD Admin rights

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Is there a more technical document explaining why exactly is it that you must either grant the agents local administrative rights; or, set Group Policy to "Always install with elevated privileges" to be supported on CAD / CSD to run. I have a customer that won’t budge on giving either of these rights to agents. Is this only required for install of the software? When I show them the install doc where it says this they want to know the who,what,when, where and why, and just because the doc says isn’t enough. I have seen the other threads and none of them give me answer the customer will be happy with.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Cathal O'Driscoll Tue, 02/23/2010 - 17:22
User Badges:

In our Organisation none of the CAD/CSD users have local admin rights.  It only becomes a problem when newer versions needs to be installed - They all have to be pushed out instead of being downloaded automatically

geoff@hp.com Wed, 02/24/2010 - 06:14
User Badges:
  • Red, 2250 points or more

At my current customer, the automatic update is also turned off on the server. The machines are "user rights" and we use SMS.

We push the CAD Clients Service Release.msi.

http://:8088/TUP/CAD/SR.htm

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion