cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to produce report of calls with Cisco IP Phone

rdgibbons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is a way to produce a report that shows all incoming and outgoing calls to a specific phone extension?  I am using Cisco Unified CM Administration and we use the Cisco IP Phone 7941 series. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Gibbons

6 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Login to your system at https:///ccmservice.

Go to Tools > CDR Analysis and Reporting and you will be redirected to https:///CAR.

Select CDR > Search > By User / Extension

Enter the user extension and click "Add Extension" (repeat to add multiple phones/extensions)

Set the time period you'd like to search on

When you're done, click OK.

There you go.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Hello Robert,

Please check the following, perhaps you need to configure that:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/service/6_0_1/car/caranrpt.html#wp1072381

Hope to help, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

-- Adrián.

Ok.  CDR is turned off by default.  So, you need to go to the Service Parameters for the CCM Service and set the CDR Enabled flag to True.  You will not have any CDR's for previous calls...collection will start moving forward.  There are other things to look at for CDR.  Take a look at the link given above.

Hailey

Go to CCM Admin

Service Parameters

Select the CCM Service

In the CDR Parameters section (one of the first)

If CDR Enabled = True, then CDR is running. If false, it is not.

If false, you have no records.

If true, you have no records for that particular extension.

Try another extension as well to see if you're getting any data (if CDR is set to True but you get no data for various extensions).

Bob,

Yes. Enable that parameter. If you check the link I gave you previously, it says:

CDR Enabled Flag—This parameter determines whether CDRs are generated. Valid values specify True (CDRs are generated) or False (CDRs are not generated). For this required field, the default value specifies False.

It is mandatory.

Remember to rate useful posts

Regards,

-- Adrián.

To turn CDR on yes. Now if you read the administration guide (use Help on your system and search for CDR), you can read up a bit on what other things come into play - such as retention times, zero duration calls, etc. But if you just set the flag to true, I'd wait 24 hours or so and then start looking at what kind of data is showing up.

14 Replies 14

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Search for Call Detail Records on CCO or Netpro.

Regards,

- Adrián.

Login to your system at https:///ccmservice.

Go to Tools > CDR Analysis and Reporting and you will be redirected to https:///CAR.

Select CDR > Search > By User / Extension

Enter the user extension and click "Add Extension" (repeat to add multiple phones/extensions)

Set the time period you'd like to search on

When you're done, click OK.

There you go.

Hailey

When I get to the CDR Analysis and Reporting page I only have three choices BILLING - HELP - LOGOUT. Is this page determined by a certain level of service and maybe my agency did not subscribe to all of it? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Bob G.

Hello Robert,

Please check the following, perhaps you need to configure that:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/service/6_0_1/car/caranrpt.html#wp1072381

Hope to help, if it does please rate.

Best regards,

-- Adrián.

Ok.  CDR is turned off by default.  So, you need to go to the Service Parameters for the CCM Service and set the CDR Enabled flag to True.  You will not have any CDR's for previous calls...collection will start moving forward.  There are other things to look at for CDR.  Take a look at the link given above.

Hailey

Good point Hailey. I skipped that step

Regards,

-- Adrián.

Thanks to both Adrian and Hailey. I have used what you both have told me and have gotten to the report generator but when I click Ok to run the report I am given an error 10021 - "There are no matching records". Does this have to do with CDR not being enabled and if so where exactly do I go to do this? I went to several places and all CDR related services are running.

Thanks again for the excellent help so far

Bob G.

Go to CCM Admin

Service Parameters

Select the CCM Service

In the CDR Parameters section (one of the first)

If CDR Enabled = True, then CDR is running. If false, it is not.

If false, you have no records.

If true, you have no records for that particular extension.

Try another extension as well to see if you're getting any data (if CDR is set to True but you get no data for various extensions).

Hey, I found where to turn the enable flag to true for CDR. Is that all I need to do now?

Thanks again

Bob Gibbons

Network Engineer

Auditor of Public Accounts

(804)225-3350 Ext 350

Bob,

Yes. Enable that parameter. If you check the link I gave you previously, it says:

CDR Enabled Flag—This parameter determines whether CDRs are generated. Valid values specify True (CDRs are generated) or False (CDRs are not generated). For this required field, the default value specifies False.

It is mandatory.

Remember to rate useful posts

Regards,

-- Adrián.

Thanks, the report is generating now. I really appreciate yours and Hailey's help. I will make sure I rate these accordingly.

Bob Gibbons

Network Engineer

Auditor of Public Accounts

(804)225-3350 Ext 350

Bob,

Glad to see we can help you a little bit. Thank you.

Regards,

-- Adrián.

Thanks much for rating. If you need further help, feel free to friend me and send me a note. I'll be glad to help as time permits.

To turn CDR on yes. Now if you read the administration guide (use Help on your system and search for CDR), you can read up a bit on what other things come into play - such as retention times, zero duration calls, etc. But if you just set the flag to true, I'd wait 24 hours or so and then start looking at what kind of data is showing up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: