cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 7.1 / Exchange 2008

mickeyhunt
Level 1
Level 1

I have Connections 7.1 with Exchange 2008, we utilize the accept and relay feature that sends voice mail to the Exchange e-mail address. When the user opens the VM in Outlook the MWI is still lit on the phone. My question is, is there a way to extinguish the MWI light when the voicemail is retrieved from either location (Exchange or Connections)?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In Cisco Unity Connection 7.1, you can use the accept and relay action to instruct Connection to both deliver each message of a certain type to the user mailbox and forward a copy of the message to the relay address. (This is sometimes referred to as "accept and forward.") This option may be useful for users who regularly use a device that accesses a separate server for messages, such as a handheld wireless device, and want easy access to voice messages both on the alternative device and through the Connection user interfaces. It is also useful for users who want to be able to access voice messages in their Microsoft Exchange message store by using the Microsoft Outlook Web Access client. If you choose this option, the user receives two copies of each message. The copies are stored in different message stores, and any actions the user takes on the relayed copy are not reflected on the copy stored in the Connection message store.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag170.html

Once you hear the VM from the copy stored in CUC MWI will go off.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

mickeyhunt
Level 1
Level 1

This is what we are doing now, what we are want is what Unity 4.0 used

to do with one message store. Before the conversoion we listened to our VM with Outlook and when we deleted the message the MWI light went out on the phone. I was hoping to find a solution to this with Connections. Using two message stores you have to delete messages in both places, it would be nice to have the mail deleted in both places at once with only one user delete action.

While I understand what you are looking for, that's not what the store and forward capabilities of Unity Connection are capable of.  Unfortunately, what you want is probably a UM feature.  Cisco has hinted that it would like to move towards a single messaging platform but right now there are 2.  1 is for UM and 1 is for VMO or Integrated Messaging options.  You could allow the user to use Integrated Messaging via IMAP - the message would not be in the user's Inbox; however, it would allow you to delete a message in Outlook and sync MWI.  However, if you stick with the Accept and Relay approach then the only real option you have is like Microsoft UM - look at a 3rd-party MWI to potentially do what you need to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: