cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

General question about provide/customer responsibility for fiber service connection

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a general question about the responsibility of customer and provider in determining if the provider can establish a metro e connection to inside the customer's facility.

We are looking into a metro E connection to a Data Center in another part of the state (several hundred miles)

This is a building that was recently purchased by our company and I am wondering about the following:

If the customer asks the provider if they can provide a fiber connection to a particular adress in another part of the state, and the provider responds that they can provide this connection to the address.

Is the customer responsible for determining if there is conduit and fiber from their building to the provider's fiber trunk?

Or does the provider do a survey and inform the customer that fiber is available but they need a build out to their fiber trunk?

Who is responsible for knowing or determining if the customer has a physical connection from the building to the provider's fiber trunk?

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I can't speak for other countries but in the UK the provider is responsible for the fiber to the customer building so they must do a site survey to determine whether or not it is possible. The customer simply provides a post code to the provider with a request for the the type of connection/presentation they require.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card