Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G in SIP mode -- XML Directory

allpoints
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SPA525G registering to an 1861 ISR router in SIP mode. 

The 1861 ISR Router is also running CME and provides the standard CME local directory in XML format.

I want to configure access to the XML directory from the "Directory" Button on the SIP enabled SPA525G.

On the SPA525G, I login to the phone's web server and set the following for the XML Directory Service

URL under the "Phone" Tab:

http:// <1861 router ip address>/localdirectory

However, when I attempt to access this directory, it gives me an error.  Does anyone

know how to make this work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

2 Replies 2

CME will not serve local directory to non-local phones (phones without an "ephone" correspondence). A SIP phone is not an SCCP phone, therefore it is not considered "local". This is done for security reasons.

Now, if your phone is registered to CME using SIP (emphasis on "registered"), you should be able to browse the local directory. If your phone is NOT registered, this will fail. For SIP phones, we ensure that the requester is a registered sip phone by matching the requester's IP address with the IP address used the phone's REGISTER message.

This should work with SPA525G, but this phone has never been tested with SIP CME. My advice is that you open a TAC case and have them open a Software Defect, if necessary.

I forgot to mention that the URL you are using is correct. You can change the default URL using "url directory" command under "voice register global", but obviously you would need a directory service at that location.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: