IPCC Express CAD / CSD Licensing

Unanswered Question
Feb 23rd, 2010

Hi guys,

My desktop SOE guys are wanting to know how licensing works with Cisco Agent Desktop / Cisco Supervisor Desktop / Historical Reporting client as they are doing a new SOE for our call centre and want to know if they can install all apps on all machines as access will be controlled by who is configured as an agent / supervisor / historical reporting user via username and password.

I am assuming the licensing is enforced by the IPCC Express server and that it does not matter on how many machines the applications are installed. Is this correct or are there additional workstation licensing considerations??

Cheers

G

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jasonprescott Wed, 02/24/2010 - 10:05

UCCX licensing is based on concurrent logged on users and enforced by the server, not number of installs, so you don't have to worry about how many machines that you install the clients on.

anchoudh Tue, 02/28/2012 - 17:56

Hi,

Just wanted to add one point.

- You can install CAD\CSD on many boxes but don't install the HRC and give privileges to all the users (however there is a limit on max number of Reporting users also) but still if every reporting user starts pulling the HR Reports it will put lot of load on the UCCX box (little be careful if its in production), so you can only install HRC's on the client box where there is a real requirement. If its a UCCX High Availability setup than the load will be on the slave node.

- In case if the active Agents count equals the Agent seat licensing count, the very next logging in Agent will get a clear warning message that Agent seat licenses are already consumed to the maximum extent.

Thanks,

Anand

Actions

This Discussion