Can I use a wild card in a dialed number in ICM

Answered Question
Feb 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

Hi there,

I need to enter several thousand dialed numbers which will all be mapped to the same call type.  Instead of adding each individual number or bulk imporing them can I use a wild card?

Cheers

Correct Answer by jpsweeney77 about 7 years 2 months ago

This cannot be done in ICM. Your only option would be on the Routing Client where the call originates. For example, in a UCCE environment you could create a wild card in Call Manager and send all calls hitting that wild card over to UCCE with the same shared DN. Of course, this is oversimplifying the necessary steps and doesn't take into consideration any reporting requirements.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
jpsweeney77 Tue, 02/23/2010 - 17:58
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

This cannot be done in ICM. Your only option would be on the Routing Client where the call originates. For example, in a UCCE environment you could create a wild card in Call Manager and send all calls hitting that wild card over to UCCE with the same shared DN. Of course, this is oversimplifying the necessary steps and doesn't take into consideration any reporting requirements.

Cathal O'Driscoll Tue, 02/23/2010 - 19:05
User Badges:

Thanks for that.  I didn't think it was possible. We are already using the wild cards from Call Manger through SIP Proxy and I am trying to send all of the 'wrong numbers' to a generic script presenting the caller with the main numbers for the company rather than getting the "Im sorry.... "message that they are currently getting from CVP.  Perhaps I am going about this the wrong way?  I have just added a default call type (which maps to my script) on the Routing client.  I now get a new error which says 'failed to produce route for dialed number ??? for call type "Missed_Calls"

Prior to adding the default call type my error was" call route request from routing client CVP1 with unknown dialled number of 32798"  To fix it I can manually add in a dialled number and map it to my call type Missed_Calls or now that I have a default call type I don't have to map it but is there a way that I can do this without having to add the dialed number?

Cheers

I can tell you that we do exactly what you want to do, and it's the correct way.

When blocks of numbers are caught by the gateway translation rules on the POTS dial peers and then matched by VOIP dial peers and sent up to CVP, you often end up having to deal with this situation.

To prevent callers from hearing the CVP error message we have a message (WAV file) copied from Call Manager (we use the Annunciator-VCA.uLaw.wav file - something like "the number you have called is not configured. Please check the number and dial again" in different languages) and a simple PM microapp script to play it, scheduled against a call type.

All of the numbers coming up from CVP that otherwise don't do anything are mapped to this call type and play the message.

I pay attention to the Router Log Viewer and keep hammering the addition of dialed numbers until I get no more errors there. It sure can take a while. When the branch office (we have 11 or so in different countries, expanding to 20) owns a large block of numbers (say 100) you want to catch all of the "unconfigured" numbers so the caller (who may have fat fingered) hears a message in their language that has meaning.

I do these large configs using Excel, with formulae etc to make the work easy. You will figure out the shortcuts - necessity is the mother of invention.

Once the Excel is correct on all the CVP routing clients, export it as TAB separated and Bulk Import.

To do the call type association (a painful task), I change the name of the call type - I put AAAAA in front. This forces it to the top of the combo box. So now you can actually fly through the Dialed Numbers you are trying to set and just use "Enter - Enter" to set the association. Once all done, change the name of the call type back.

That's the best I can do.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion