cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Knowledge, yet I cant find it...

bcrand052
Level 1
Level 1

Where is it written that if a non-certified person gets on Cisco equipment and takes out a network from operating, or causes the equipment to stop working correctly it voids the warranty?  I am asking this because one of our clients has brought in a desktop support team.  That is all and well, but none of them hold any networking certs, or networking experience at all.  So my company is nervous about this and is affraid that the 3rd party is going to do something to take the equipment out of warranty.  We obviously want to protect our work and the running equipment.  Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Never heard that before ... and it sure don't make any sense.  What I do know, for a fact, is un-authorized physical access of the internal components of an appliance voids the warranty.

I worked in an organization where I was the only CCNA yet we were able to RMA equipments and anyone can create a Cisco TAC Case (because we all have valid Service Contracts associated to our CCO login account).

Assuming you don't do anything like break a factory seal that says "no user servicable parts inside", having a valid Smartnet contract is the indicator as to whether you are entitiled to Cisco support. If a company misused their contract by, say, calling the TAC with a new case every day to figure out how to do basic configuration, Cisco would bring it to their attention.

Certifications (or lack thereof) are only one of several indicators of an individual's qualifications.

Note Cisco warranties are usually only 90 days and typically not the venue for resolution of support issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: