Views
Helpful
Replies

how to use my TWO ADSL connections to share bandwith

khurramkhalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Two ADSL connections, a 512 kbps and 4 MB from TWO DIFFERENT ISP's and I have 1 Cisco 1760 Modular Router with WIC 1 ADSL AND WIC e0.

Now what I want to do is to configure my router in such way that I get a combined bandiwth or in other words I am able to use both the links for internet at the same time. I do not want to configure one link as Primary and the other as Secondary so that when one link is down only in that case the other link is used THAT IS NOT MY REQUIREMENT I want to use both links simultaneously

Kindly suggest somethig

Regards

Khurram Khalid

3 Replies 3

johnelliot6
Level 2
Level 2

You wont be able to aggregate the 2 links(i.e. 4.5Mb), but you can load-balance over them:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808d2b72.shtml

what i want to do is to configure my router in such way thaty some traffic from my LAN is send over to ISP 1 and some to ISP 2.Is that possible??

Yes, John has posted a link that expalins how to do that, please read it before asking again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco