Helpful
Replies

NAC Temporary Role

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, I am

configuring the NAC CAM 4.7.1 and I created two roles, Employ1 and

Employ2 but when that roles are into posture assessment with CCAA (Clean Access Agent) I saw that role Employ1 fall in Temporary role and Employ2 fall in Unauthenticated role, I don't know why that difference.

I want to put each profile with a specified quarantine role, How can I do this?

thanks a lot

6 Replies 6

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

If using the agent, they go in the same quarantine role. It's called the Temporary Role. As for why one is working and the other failing, what sort of requirements are you using with those roles?

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

At this moment, role Employ1 is using agent but there is no requeriments setup on role-requeriments and

Employ2 is using agent too and there are six requeriments setuped on role-requeriments.

thanks

So which requirements is employ2 failing on? What about employ1?

What do the reports show?

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

thanks for your attention.

Well, I saw that when I put requeriments on Employ1 for example WSUS requeriment and the client needs to update, that client fall in Unauthenticate role while Employ2 with the same WSUS requeriment fall in temporary role.

This way I had to generate ACLs in both roles Unauthenticated role and temporary role.

thanks

Faisal,

attached, you can see that information.

Role Employ1 is using unauthenticted rol while Agent is performing posture assessment.

I'd like to know how can I change from unauthenticated role to Temporary Role While Agent is performing Posture assessment on client.

thanks a lot

Daniel,

Okay I see what you're saying. Go to User Roles, Click on edit for the Temporary Role, and change the drop down for the Role type to Agent Temp Role.

HTH,

Faisal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card