IPCC Ent Dialer design question

Unanswered Question
Feb 24th, 2010
User Badges:

Hello

I have a question regarding Outbound Option Dialer.

I have IPCC Ent 7.5.4 with CM6.1.3 and IVR.

I have configured two MR PG pim, and two Dialers.

The requirement is to configure around 75 campaigns. I haven’tyet configured all the campaigns, currently there are only 5 running. Dialerswere installed on both PGs and now everything works in load-balancing mode,each dialer receiving stats and records for every skillgroup and campaign.

My issue is that I noticed in the Outbound Installation guide that the maximum number of active campaigns that can be dialing on any one Dialer is 48. Is there a way to overcome this limitation?

Can each dialer be active for its own set of campaigns( to have 48 campaigns for the first dialer and the rest for the second)?

How can two dialers handle more then 48 active campaigns?

Thank you,

Cornel

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Wow, I personally feel that you have been asked to run too many campaigns. How to keep track of 75 campaigns? 75 skill groups, 75 import lists. I have run 20 campaigns and that was hard to keep up with.

What is the nature of the campaign? Is the reason for so many campaigns some sort of product-based differentiation? Is it possible to scale back? Will all 75 campaigns be running simultaneously?

Getting back to your question, I am sure you can allocate 48 to one dialer and 48 to the other.

Regards,

Geoff

cornel.chirculete Wed, 02/24/2010 - 06:14
User Badges:

Well, each agent has his own list of clients, and the system calls five customers simultaneously and connects first one that answers.

So, each agent has his own campaign with his own list.

How can I bind a campaign to a specific dialer? I don't know how to do it

sanjeev.thallik... Thu, 03/04/2010 - 14:16
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The campaign is bound to a specific dialer based on the skill group. Support you have 4 pg's, PG1A, PG1B, PG2A, PG2B and if the dialer is running on all 4 servers, your skillgroup determines which PG the campaign will run on. So, if CampaignSkill1 is on PG1 set, the campaign will run only on PG1A and PG1B (assuming they are redundant). Anyway, the obvious issue you can run into is if all of the dialer agents on one set of PG's, like say PG1 pair. Then, all the campaigns will run only on the PG1 pair.  This issue mainly arises for Agent Campaigns. IVR campaigns are easy. You can specify it to run on any PG pair. But for the agent campaigns, the skillgroup that that agent and campaign belong to determines which dialer it will choose.

sharish82 Tue, 06/08/2010 - 02:40
User Badges:

Hi,

Is it possible to write the customer data directly into the List Table (DL_CCCC_QQQQ) instead of importing from a file.

The dialer should dial the account once the customer data has been written to the list table.

Thanks,

Harish.

Gergely Szabo Tue, 06/08/2010 - 02:54
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hi,

you may want to use the Personal_Callback_List table for this purpose.

If you write data into the "regular" calling list tables directly, you may risk losing support.

G.

sharish82 Tue, 06/08/2010 - 03:34
User Badges:

HI,

Actually we do not want Personal  Callback( Same Agent). Once the data is written the dialer should dial if an agent is free. will that be possible.

Harish.

Gergely Szabo Tue, 06/08/2010 - 03:36
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, December 2015

Hi,

I am afraid it's not possible.

But why do you want to write directly into SQL table?

G.

sharish82 Tue, 06/08/2010 - 04:11
User Badges:

Hi,

we are giving an option in the ivr to the customer if he requires a call back instead of waiting in the queue and if he says yes then he has to be called back.

Harish.

sharish82 wrote:

Hi,

we are giving an option in the ivr to the customer if he requires a call back instead of waiting in the queue and if he says yes then he has to be called back.

Harish.

Like many things here, you are asking a question that has been asked before. Would you not imagine that such a question has not been asked before you - it's not that unusual.

In fact, we have had several long threads on it.

Search out those threads and read what was written there. You must use the import file, and there is a way to do it, and I described the way I prefer.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content