CCNA VOICE track or CCNA Security Track what do you prefer

Unanswered Question
Feb 24th, 2010

Assalam alikum and Hello

hello network professionals i am asking this question to every well  experienced person in this business that i have got my CCNA and now  strongly looking forward to move ahead into this business. I am doing a  research whether go to CCNA Voice, CCVP and CCIE Voice? or CCNA  Security, CCSP and CCIE in Security Track. I need to know which one of  these track is more suitable, demanding and popular. I am directly  saying which one of this is famous and high salary track. I am going to  middle east after doing this track.I need your help so kindly guide me  thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 02/24/2010 - 07:12

I think you'll find both voice and security to be skills that are in demand and equally well paying. The question comes down to your interests and experience. Which skills are in demand in your current job? Which skills would be most useful in your desired job? Which technology do you most enjoy working with. I've heard it said that if you do what you're passionate about, the money will follow.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

passenger67 Wed, 02/24/2010 - 07:20

yes but some of my class mates are saying that there are not many practice resources and virtual resources of Voice track than Security track.

They also said that voice deployment is not nessesary in every company where security matter very much in every organization.

They also said that there are not many organizations which deploys voice as compared to security. please guide me

Brandon Buffin Wed, 02/24/2010 - 07:42

I think you'll find quite a few resources for studying voice. Most companies that I know of have some type of voice deployment. It may not be Cisco, but then not every company uses Cisco for security either. Cisco has been expanding their voice line for some time and pushing further into the SMB space. That being said, I don't believe you will have a problem finding opportunities to work with either technology. Again, it comes down to which track most interests you and builds on your experience.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content