Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x Auto Attendant CDR

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

I have created a AA (https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2005563?tstart=0

) now that I have created the AA I was asked if CDR can been seen.

I checked and I cannot see ANY CDR records from AT&T calls or internal calls, is this an issue with using Voice Mail Ports? Should is use the CTI-Route Points?

the only reason that I used ports was because I wanted to limit the number of calls going to the AA.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can control the number of ports used by you call manager using port groups from the unity

This enable you to add another system with its own port group

==========

Port groups hold most of the integration configuration settings and some or all of the voice messaging
ports for Cisco Unity Connection.
While most phone system integrations need only one port group, multiple port groups may be needed in
the following circumstances:
  • For integrations with phone systems through PIMG/TIMG units, each PIMG/TIMG unit is
connected to one port group with the applicable voice messaging ports. For example, a system that
uses five PIMG units requires five port groups, one port group for each PIMG unit.
  • For integrations with other phone systems, an additional port group with its own voice messaging
ports may be used for testing a new configuration or for troubleshooting

=========

wish this be helpful

Thanks

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Neal,

Just to add a note to the good tips so far from TCAT and Hytham (+5 points each

Let's take a step back here for a moment.......

You don't need to build a new integration using port groups or assign specific ports

for your Call Handler setup. The "best" way to do this is to just use your standard

Unity integration (which already exists) and then use a CTI-RP built with the same

extension as the Call Handler to get calls to Unity. A CTI-RP has a Max Calls and

Busy Trigger section under the DN config which can be set to limit the amount of traffic

to the Call Handler. I believe you wanted a max of 5 calls so just set the Busy Trigger

@ 5 and you're good to go. Set the Call Forward All on the CTI-RP to forward to the

existing Unity Pilot #.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should use the CTI-Route Points when use Call Handlers in Unity.   Im not sure about the CDR... do you see other traffic?  All traffic on CUCM is put into the CUCM CDR database.  You will see the PSTN call come in and have a time of the call, etc.

In Unity, you can also run a report how many times the call handler was called.

Can I limit the number of ports that are available with the CTI route point?

We use ISI call reporting, great product, but I do not see anything for the 05659 trafic that I should be seeing.....

Hi,

You can control the number of ports used by you call manager using port groups from the unity

This enable you to add another system with its own port group

==========

Port groups hold most of the integration configuration settings and some or all of the voice messaging
ports for Cisco Unity Connection.
While most phone system integrations need only one port group, multiple port groups may be needed in
the following circumstances:
  • For integrations with phone systems through PIMG/TIMG units, each PIMG/TIMG unit is
connected to one port group with the applicable voice messaging ports. For example, a system that
uses five PIMG units requires five port groups, one port group for each PIMG unit.
  • For integrations with other phone systems, an additional port group with its own voice messaging
ports may be used for testing a new configuration or for troubleshooting

=========

wish this be helpful

Thanks

Thank you, I will give it a go

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Neal,

Just to add a note to the good tips so far from TCAT and Hytham (+5 points each

Let's take a step back here for a moment.......

You don't need to build a new integration using port groups or assign specific ports

for your Call Handler setup. The "best" way to do this is to just use your standard

Unity integration (which already exists) and then use a CTI-RP built with the same

extension as the Call Handler to get calls to Unity. A CTI-RP has a Max Calls and

Busy Trigger section under the DN config which can be set to limit the amount of traffic

to the Call Handler. I believe you wanted a max of 5 calls so just set the Busy Trigger

@ 5 and you're good to go. Set the Call Forward All on the CTI-RP to forward to the

existing Unity Pilot #.

Cheers!

Rob

5 points for Rob.  Beat me to the punch.  The trigger on the CTI RP is where you control how many calls can come/go into this point.

Hey Tommer,

I'm surprised my horrorawful (combination of horrible and awful from Shaq) typing

skills actually beat you buddy. You must have given me a 2 hour headstart.

I always wish now that I hadn't flunked typing in grade 10.

Cheers!

Huff

im a horrible speller as well.  I use firefox and it does correct me when I type, but I noticed in the forum now, it does not work, you have to use the

spellchecker built into the window. (stinks).

I must have been side tracked over at woot.com

I am using this same configuration.  We are using a network monitoring device that will monitor calls for jitter and latency.  I have setup a CTI with a CFA to voicemail, that forwards to a call handler.  It plays MoH for three minutes and then hangs up.  I did not want my PRI to get full, so I tried to set max calls and CFB on the CTI to four.  This did not limit the number of calls.  I think the reasoning of this is because the call is forwarded to Unity and the call is no longer affecting call limits on the CTI.