Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in RME Config Archive LMS 3.2

I am getting following error for the wireless controllers In RME> Collection Status> Config Archive> Failed devices. RME Version is 4.3.1

"fig from device: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out fig from device: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out"

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What protocol are you using to fetch the config?  What version of code are the controllers running?

HI Joe

Thanks for the reply

We are using Telnet to get the config

The controllers are running the 4.2.130 code

Regards

"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).

are confidential. and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient. you are hereby notified that any

review. re-transmission. conversion to hard copy. copying. circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is

strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient. please notify the sender immediately by return email.

and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email.

The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."

In that case, you should start a sniffer trace filtering on all telnet (tcp/23) traffic between RME and the WLC in question.  Then run a new Sync Archive job.  When it fails, the sniffer trace file will indicate why this is happening.

I executed new sync archive job while sniffer is running but I am not able to get anything. Can you please check attached sniffer log file. My controller ip address is 10.28.13.132.

According to this, your WLC is running code greater than or equal to 5.2, and you may need to increase your telnet timeout in order to fetch the entire config.  Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, and the edit the device attributes for this device.  Increase the telnet timeout to 72 seconds (you may need to go higher, but start there).  Save and apply your changes, then try the Sync Archive job again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: