cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with browsing remote computers - RVS4000

spansp2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently bought RVS4000 and I'm having problems with remote network computers. I can only access them by IP, by name it always fails. Localy I have BEFSX41, remotely RVS 4000, connected throught VPN. Everything else is working fine.

VPN.PNG VPN_1.PNG VPN_3.PNG VPN_2.PNG

Is there something else I could do?

6 Replies 6

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

We have notice some problem when using lower consumer product BEFSX41 with the Small Business products RVS4000. Not passing net bios traffic. Not sure if  consumer is coming out with a firmware upgrade to fix this. It's best practice to have either Small Business or either enterprise device together.All your setting are correct.

Thanks,

Jason

Thank you for your answer.

ATM I'm not buying another RVS4000, as I'm having lot's of problems with the one I've got.

I have another problem - I guess I should open another thread!?

RVS chrashes (almost) daily. I can ping the RVS4000, but VPN tunnel can't be connected, nor can I access RVS via browser, internet access for client computer is working normally. As I can see I have latest firmware.

What could be the problem? I'll struggle for a while, after that I'm getting BEFSX41 back in position, and returning RVS4000 to webshop.

It has been a while since my last post, but nothing has happend and my original problem still persists - can't access remote computers via DNS. I have bought another RVS4000 (big mistake i think) and got rid of BEFSX41, both were updated to latest firmware (RVS4000v1_V1.3.3.5.img), but I still can't see remote computers by name.

Hi, would you open a case at the Small Business Support Center so we can better assist you?

Yes that would be great. How do I do that?

Here is a list of phone numbers you can call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: