Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script play step

e.gailiss
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm new to IPCC enterprise and I'm trying to do some scripting in ICM. I'm trying to make a "play" step work in ICM sript. I just have not found any good (step-by-step, preferably what in ICM should match what in IVR) reference how to do it properly. At the moment I'm stuck with a bunch of IVR "play prompt" scripts and that's surely is not the way. :)

Any pointers where to look?

Thank you! Sorry for such a beginners question.

Ervins

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could pass the prompt name in a variable to a generic IVR script that takes the variable to play the prompt. I've done this in the field and I use this method to test scripts and listen to prompts. The only disadvantage is you have to use a SET node in ICM to define the prompt name and then a RUN EXTERNAL SCRIPT however you do gain the ability to effectively play any IVR prompt and only have one IVR script to implement this. You can also implement a design to pass multiple variables if you had an IVR script that could interprete multiple variables and play multiple prompts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thanks for the link! I've seen this book, still it gives no clue how to get the IVR to play anything not using pre-written script. Actually I uset this book to get queuing to work and to play current prompts using IVR scripts. What I wanted to do is play the prompts on IVR using "play" step in the ICM script.

Does anybody use the "play" step in ICM scripts ?

Help! :)

Ervins

I actually found a answer to my question with help from cisco engineer.

The answer is - "play" step is not supported when using IVR as VRU. The correct way it to have alot of small scripts in IVR ad to call them from ICM script. If you need to pass information from ICM to IVR and back you can do it by assigning it to "customer entered digits" for example or to other variables available in ICM and passed along with the call info.

Ervins

You could pass the prompt name in a variable to a generic IVR script that takes the variable to play the prompt. I've done this in the field and I use this method to test scripts and listen to prompts. The only disadvantage is you have to use a SET node in ICM to define the prompt name and then a RUN EXTERNAL SCRIPT however you do gain the ability to effectively play any IVR prompt and only have one IVR script to implement this. You can also implement a design to pass multiple variables if you had an IVR script that could interprete multiple variables and play multiple prompts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: