cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to Unstall LMS software and install it on another platform??

jackymasibo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I had installed Ciscoworks LMS 3.1 software in  Window server 2003 and was running just fine but now i want to reinstall it on a sun solaries platform.what will be the effect of doing this and whether there are any issues that i may encounter while doing this please assist me coz i want to reinstall it ASAP.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately very few LMS data could be migrated across platforms, due to the Sybase database it uses. See Joe's explanation here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/671923#671923, including what little you can actually move over.

As yjdabear said, it will be a fresh installation, so think about installing LMS 3.2 instead of LMS 3.1 your license file is valid for that version. You can get an eval version from www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals click on "Network Management Evaluation Products" at the top of the page or enter your contract number after following the link on this site www.cisco.com/upgrade

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: