Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 % Authorization Fail

linuxdistro1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm building up a catalyst 3750 and have around 90% of the build completed. I configured the login potion for the vty and console connections. I copied the running config and reloaded as I have a habit of doing through the build. However, I cannot even get back to user mode at this point and have never seen anything like this before. I am unable to get to rommon via the break sequence.

Hostname con0 is now available

Press return to get started

% Authorization failed

% Authorization failed

(Continually repeats this pattern)

Thanks,

JC

5 Replies 5

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I'm building up a catalyst 3750 and have around 90% of the build completed. I configured the login potion for the vty and console connections. I copied the running config and reloaded as I have a habit of doing through the build. However, I cannot even get back to user mode at this point and have never seen anything like this before. I am unable to get to rommon via the break sequence.

% Authorization failed

% Authorization failed

(Continually repeats this pattern)

Thanks,

JC

Hi JC,

Have you tried also with telnetting in the switch via management ip it's also giving the same behavior like when you are getting in console.

Check out the below link for recovery procedure for switch hope that help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Ganesh.H

Excellent point, however (my neglect) I failed to mention previously that I did not place an IP on the device, therefore I'm uncertain how I would do so. My only way to connect, as I understand is via console. The "Break","Ctrl-break" and or "Ctrl+C" options none work in lieu of the sending me to rommon. I'm using Secure CRT and the method, which Cisco recommends, is the Ctrl-Break option. Although I get no result via this route. I know this process works with the laptop that I am using due to resetting a password a couple of weeks ago.

I decided to research the option of holding the mode button on boot to see if I can do anything with it. That setup is for 2995 switches only but at this point, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

JC

Ganesh.H

Excellent point, however (my neglect) I failed to mention previously that I did not place an IP on the device, therefore I'm uncertain how I would do so. My only way to connect, as I understand is via console. The "Break","Ctrl-break" and or "Ctrl+C" options none work in lieu of the sending me to rommon. I'm using Secure CRT and the method, which Cisco recommends, is the Ctrl-Break option. Although I get no result via this route. I know this process works with the laptop that I am using due to resetting a password a couple of weeks ago.

I decided to research the option of holding the mode button on boot to see if I can do anything with it. That setup is for 2995 switches only but at this point, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,

JC

JC,

Just try with the procedure which is mentioned in the link and share your findings so that we can help you with your observations.

Ganesh.H

Thanks for the link Genesh but the only thing that worked was the sequence mentioned for a 2955 which made no sense. I could get no route to work as mentioned for the 3750. I appreciate your assistance on the matter though.

Thanks,

JC

linuxdistro1
Level 1
Level 1

I chose to interrupt the boot sequence via the mode button due to the break sequences not working. Once I arrived at the [switch] prompt I located the config file and deleted it. I am now sitting at the autoinstall phase. Oh well, at least I can now get back in.

Thanks,
JC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: