Views
Helpful
Replies

intermittent problem atm interfaces

mviolette
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed a connection point to point G. HDSL with ATM interfaces,
and every so often 4 or 5 days, the interfaces be longer ping and services that go through that experience intermittent link, the only thing that is not affected VoIP

and when both routers reboot resolves the problem points, but after days back and I passed.

that might be?

I need help

en español:

Tengo instalado una conexion punto a punto G.HDSL con interfaces ATM,
y cada cierto tiempo 4 o 5 dias, las interfaces dejan de darse ping y los servicios que pasan por ese enlace sufren intermitencia, lo unico que no se afecta es VoIP

y cuando reinicio los routers de ambos puntos se resuelve el problema, pero al cabo de dias vuelve y me pasa. 

que podria ser?

Necesito ayuda

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try loading 12.4(5B)on the 2851 as well.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS version are you running ?

I have in my router Core

Cisco 2851 (revision 53.51

With IOS

C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M Version 12.4(15)T5 release Software (fc4)

remote router

C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M Version 12.4(5B) release Software (fc2)

I have other connections to that router and other points of that type to another atm card with another service provider

and that connection only gives me problems

If you reload one router onl, does the problem go away ?

no, I reset them both to be the problem go away, but after 4 or 5 days it happens again.

Try resetting one only in the attempt to find which side has a buggy IOS.

I discovered that by simply restarting the core router  Cisco 2851has IOS

C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M Version 12.4(15)T5 release Software (fc4) . the issue is resolved.

we have asked our service provider we Rebic physical lines for the problem is presented and tested and are fine.

they say it can be a problem iIn Trasnportes protocol, we have configured EIGRP.

Thank you very much for the help you've given me so far ..

Try loading 12.4(5B)on the 2851 as well.

Greetings, has had returned to give feedback of what you suggested because I suggested it could be an EIGRP protocol error, which disables yconfigure static routing, but after several days the problem occurs again.

I wanted to ask before doing what you suggested, if a problem with the router IOS does not affect others because G. HDSL links that I have configured on that router. ???

Sorry, I do not understand your question.

Your problem is buggy IOS.

Thank you very much for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card