Views
Helpful
Replies

8T1-IMA Clock Setup

jparks
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I have a 8T1-IMA card that I am using to bond 5 T1s togeter in an IMA group.  After speaking with our service provider they believe that the clocking our our router is not setup correctly which is leading to the ATM circuit not coming up.

I have the following setup:

interface ATM1/0
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima-group 0
no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/1
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima-group 0
no scrambling-payload
fair-queue
!
interface ATM1/2
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima-group 0
no scrambling-payload
fair-queue
!
interface ATM1/3
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima-group 0
no scrambling-payload
fair-queue
!
interface ATM1/4
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima-group 0
no scrambling-payload
fair-queue
!
interface ATM1/IMA0
no ip address
ip flow ingress
no atm ilmi-keepalive
ima clock-mode common 0
ima differential-delay-maximum 200

!

interface ATM1/IMA0.32 point-to-point
description PVC to Grand River Hospital
ip address 10.10.10.6 255.255.255.252
ip pim sparse-mode
ip igmp version 3
pvc 1/32
  vbr-nrt 4000 4000
  encapsulation aal5snap

Is there anything else that I should need to set, such as the network-clock-participate command on the newer ISR Voice T1 cards to configure the clocking correctly?  A show controller ATM1/0 shows that the ATM clock source is set to line for each of the interfaces:

Link 0 Framer Info:
    framing is ESF, line code is B8ZS, fdl is ANSI
    cable-length is long, Rcv gain is 26db and Tx gain is 0db,
    clock src is line, payload-scrambling is disabled, no loopback

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no other commands beside what is available under interface. However, incorrect clocking only causes errors (in ATM, cell delimitation errors), and does not prevent circuits to come up.

As indicated in the other thread you opened on the subject, you may find that you 28x1 router does not support the module, as table 6 of the following document does not list it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/interfaces/nm/hardware/installation/guide/OvrNetM.html

jparks
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the quick response.  I have a 3640 with the same module which I also attempted to bring the circuits up on and received the same errors, which leads me to believe it would be a configuration error, although I could be wrong.

At the moment I have the 3640 and the 3825 connected together on the test bench back to back via T1 crossover cables, and the ATM interfaces and the IMA group come up correctly and pass traffic.

Thank you for the link as well.  After looking at this I just wanted to confirm that I am installing the 8T1-IMA in a Cisco

3825.  This appears to be on the supported hardware list, as well as the 3640 that I am using to test with.  The 2800 series that I had mentioned previously is being replaced by the 3825 router.

If the clocking is setup correctly does anyone see anything that would be causing a loss of delay in the setup?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card