cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stackwise compatability/connectivity

pkaretnikov
Level 1
Level 1

Both the 3750 series and many of the blade switches have stack connections however I have been unable to find anything that addresses the compatability of their stacks. Ideally I would like to stack 3750s and Blade switches, but so far I have not seen any cables that would work or even documentation that addresses this.

Does anyone know if there is any stacking cables for connecting 3750 and Blade switches?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pkaretnikov wrote:

Both the 3750 series and many of the blade switches have stack connections however I have been unable to find anything that addresses the compatability of their stacks. Ideally I would like to stack 3750s and Blade switches, but so far I have not seen any cables that would work or even documentation that addresses this.

Does anyone know if there is any stacking cables for connecting 3750 and Blade switches?

Hi,

They are different cables.  As far as I know, you can not stack chassis switches to regular 3750s.  You usually stack all the switches within the chassis and have multiple 10Gig or 1Gig uplinks to regular 3750s. The connector type for the chassis stacking cable is the size of a USB port versus for regular 3750 the connector is wider/bigger.

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco