Not able to rdp using the vpn after running the ICM security installer

Unanswered Question
Feb 25th, 2010

Hi i am facing a very weird problem here not seen it before.I have taken an RDP connection  through the vpn of all the ucce servers.I run the icm setup and secure it by running the security patch initially.Once done i am not able to take an RDP connection of my servers from vpn.However i am able to take the RDP from the other side i.e Side B.I can say it for sure that i am facing it because of the security patch because ran it on Progger A and never got  the connection after reboot then ran it on AWHDS1 and similarly lost it there as well.But both i am able to take access from Progger b.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edward Umansky Thu, 02/25/2010 - 22:55

Couple things it could be. If the windows firewall was turned on, that may be blocking you. Login and make sure that if the firewall is indeed active, RDP is added as an exception to the firewall rules. Other issue may be you need to update your RDP/terminal services client to the latest version. I believe security hardening makes it so you can only connect using the more secure updated version of the client.

Cisco have in the past tended to prefer VNC - and so do I. It provides a more realistic view of a server, in my opinion. You can turn on sharing in VNC so you can show colleagues what you are doing, which is often useful - I don't think you can do that with mstsc /console.

OK, I admit that I hate MS Terminal Services Client (Remote Desktop).

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion