Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor voice gateway

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are using a Cisco 2800 as our voice gateway for the IPT system. Now we want to monitor the device but we don't know how to do that.

The device has 4 E1 ports + 1 SIP trunk connecting to PSTN, an ethernet port connecting to LAN.

Could anyone give us some instructions?

Thanks,

hoanghiep

7 Replies 7

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I assume that you want to monitor calls coming in and out of the gateway for troubleshooting.

Fot the E1 ports the best command is debug isdn q931

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks,

But that's not what I want.

What I want is monitoring the voice gateway so when any problem occurs to it (interface down or smt like that), we'll be notified (the VG will send some messages to other devices, using SNMP or smt)

Thanks,

hoanghiep

If you are using CUCM then you should use Real-time monitoring tool (RTMT), you can set your alerts up to email you or send SNMP traps to another system.

We are using both CUCM and an * SIP server, what I need now is monitoring the VG.

RTMT will do this for you, it mionitors any device that is registered with the CUCM cluster. Go to the CUCM Administration page - Application - Plugins download it to your PC and install it.

Does this apply to H.323 gateway also? As I know, the CCM couldnot monitor the status of the interfaces/ports of the H.323 VG.

I don't think so. When you set up an H.323 gateway CUCM does not have any control of the device or ports and cannot check the status.

As far as I know RTMT can only monitor port/channel status of MGCP controlled gateways as it controls the ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: