cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collin Clark Interview

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Collin makes an interesting point about leading people to a resolution. Maybe posters could indicate what level of help they need. Like the TAC, we could use a severity model. Sev 1 would indicate you need an answer NOW. Sev 2 would indicate you need help but want to play a part in discovering the resolution.

James

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

pompeychimes wrote:

Collin makes an interesting point about leading people to a resolution. Maybe posters could indicate what level of help they need. Like the TAC, we could use a severity model. Sev 1 would indicate you need an answer NOW. Sev 2 would indicate you need help but want to play a part in discovering the resolution.

James

James

Not sure i agree with this. If we have severity levels like TAC then people will expect us to respond in a certain time which there is no obligation to do. Some people already think that NetPro is a kind of TAC asking for immediate help and then getting angry/upset when they don't get it.

I do agree that Collin's point is valid however but i think it should be left to the poster and those who respond as to how much detail to go into. Personally if i have the time i will try and explain the reasoning behind the answer i give but it's not always possible and sometimes the poster couldn't care less

Jon

Good point.

Quick Links