Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI And TON in h323 gateway

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

The problem here is when i call US numbers they see  'unknown number' as calling party.

My setuplooks like this : Cisco Phone -> CUCM 7.0 -> h323 gateway(3845) -> PRI line

When i debug outbound calls , i see this below.

Calling Number=2009,(Calling Name=)(TON=Unknown, NPI=ISDN, Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),

Would be greatful if you guys guide me how to configure CLI format as International and TON/ANT as 1 in h323 gateway else any other configuration needs to be done to get CLI on called party phones.

Appreciate your quick response.

shiv

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As indicated above, it is a telco problem and you cannot do anything about it.

The reason is almost every international call goes to the user as unknown number.

The fact itself that some calls show the number clearly indicates that it depends by the route used by telco for the US, that can be different from a call to another.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If when you call locally they see your number, but when calling the US they do not see it, that is a telco problem and you cannot do anything about it.

It is very common for international connections to loose the calling number.

hi,

Yeah , i felt the same way as you said but telco says to change CLI format as International and TON/ANT as 1 in CUCM end.Here is where i find difficulty to change TON/ANT as 1 ?

Any suggestions pls..

shiv

They are incorrect.

Changing anything relating to the calling number is conceptually wrong and will have no effect.

Hi,

oh ;

But is there any way to get CLI presented on called party phones ?

The reason is almost every international call goes to the user as unknown number.

Thank you so much but again am asking the same question since iam in a bad situation to fix this

shiv

As indicated above, it is a telco problem and you cannot do anything about it.

The fact itself that some calls show the number clearly indicates that it depends by the route used by telco for the US, that can be different from a call to another.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Thank you so much and appreciate your patience.

No problem. Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: