cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A strange problem with phones in a specific department not showing the name of the caller, but only shows the number of the person calling.

Hi,

I have a strange problem with phones behavour in a specific department called "Borgerservice" in my "Cisco Unified CM Administration System version 7.0.1.11000-2" installation.

If the users in this department call to another user in this department, they can both see the name and number of the person in the other end.

But if a user in this department calls me in the IT-department, I can only see her number on my display, not her name and number as I normally can then other users from other departments calls me.

I have checked her end-user profile and her telephone number, but both have the exact same settings and configuraiton as my phone and end-user profile, so I can not see where this behaviour comes from.

I have attached the end-user configuration and phone-number configuration on both me (not having this issue, no mather where I call) and one of the users having the problem (but only when she is calling outside her own department.

Can you see why this strange problem exists?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Carl,

Maybe you should check the line configuration of the phone, there is Display (Internal Caller ID). I think that you should set the caller id in this field.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To get to you do the users need to go through a Translation pattern? I have set this up before as you  can restrict Calling Name Presentation under the Calling Party transformation section.If this is set to restriced this might be the reason why you can't see there name?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark!,

I have attached a screendump of the Translation pattern that both the 1105 number (the other user) and the 1595 number (me) should go through.

The "Calling Name Presentation" is set to "Default", so there should not be any restrictions.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Just for testing sake could you set the Calling name Presentation to allowed just

to prove that its not that.Can i just confirm that for the user (1105) to call you (1595) they have to go through this translation patttern?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Carl,

Maybe you should check the line configuration of the phone, there is Display (Internal Caller ID). I think that you should set the caller id in this field.

Regards

Hi Triandi_sugiharto,

It worked! - That was the right place to configure the name on the calling number!

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: