Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility CUCM7.1

Nirmal Paria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am very new to Cisco.

Could you please let me how to enable Exteniosn Mobility on auto registration phones?

Regards,

Nirmal

4 Replies 4

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

HI Nirmal,

To enable extension mobility do the following:

• Add a new service from Device Settings - Phone Services. Service URL has to be the following with the IP address of your Publisher replacing x.x.x.x http://x.x.x.x:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#
  • Start the Cisco Extension Mobility service in serviceability page
  • Subscribe the phone to Extension Mobility (EM) service
  • Add device profile for user
  • Subscribe device profile to EM service
  • Add a new End user and assign the device profile that you just created to the user
  • Add the user to the Standard CCM End Users & Standard EM Authntication Proxy Rights groups

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there any possibility to enable Extension Mobility on device configuration (Extension mobility check box) while a new phone is getting auto configured during auto registration process (Auto registration enabled Call manager).

Regards,

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

Unfortunately I don't think there is, i've had a look at this through the default device profiles, but you do not have the option. To be honest you have to configure so much on the phone anyway that one more check box doesn't really concern me.

You may be able to if you use BAT to add your phones in, but I have never used BAT myself.

Phil

Hi Phil.

Thanks for your quick response..

Regards,

Nirmal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: