CIPC needed licenses

pbogaerts
Level 1
Level 1

I want to now, which licences are needed (or what to

order) when you use the ip communicator/softphone. I know

that the CIPC use 3 dlu's, but what about the

software itself, and what when you use

a handset like the phone 7941 and a softphone in combination.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to buy the CIPC software for each PC - part is SW-IPCOMM

You then need DLUs - each CIPC will take 3 DLUs.

You can then link up to two softphones to a single desk phone for adjunct licensing - on the config page for the CIPC, you set the 'Primary Phone' to the desk phone you want to associate it with. When you do this, the license usage is reduced to 1 DLU.

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

The part SW-IPCOMM doesn't cost anything, and you do not get anything for it. If you have download privilages on CCO just download the software and install it. As you rightly pointed out it takes 3 DLUs, this is how Cisco charge for IPC.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi

I can 'just download' IOS too - is that free as well?

That part is the top level one, if you check the pricing tool you will see there are single and bundle parts such as SW-IPCOMM-E1  which have non-zero costs.

As far as I am aware you buy CIPC like you would buy a phone, and then you may download it.

To use it with CCM, you also need the DLUs.

The only possible exception I'm aware of to this is if you are under CUWL licensing... that may or may not include the softphone licenses.

Regards

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

We're not talking about IOS.

I am speaking through experience when trying to order IPC....

We asked for a quote through our gold partner for Video Advantage cameras and IP Communicators just before December last year using the part no. SW-IPCOMM-E1. When we got the quote back there were costs the cameras, but there was a zero cost for the IPCs and we didn't receive the software on CD, the partner told us that we had to download it.

Phil

Hey guys,

Just thought that I might add a touch here

We have to pay for each and every IP Communicator License on a

per user basis. We could download them at will, but that would be

breaking the "honor based" relationship here.

We just purchased another 10 (about $180US each I think)

Cheers!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: