cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA: which version support/will support in multiple context mode support VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN / dynamic routing ?

ROBERTO TACCON
Level 4
Level 4

Hi to All,

someone know which version of ASA "support/will support" in multiple context mode the VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN /dynamic routing features ?

Thanks,

Roberto Taccon

20 Replies 20

stuart
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I am aware all current version of ASA code do not support VPN's or Dynamic Routing in multi context mode, only in single routed mode.

And I have not heard anything regards future support either.

Stu

Hi,

All the ASA model will support VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN / dynamic routing.

From you can configure context from ASA 5520 model onwards

One more important thing is that , if you want context to be configure then , the same ASA box cannot be used to configure VPN.

find the url for more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

regards

karuppu

Hi,

- new version 9.5 on platform ASA X the SSLVPN client are supported in multi context mode: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa95/release/notes/asarn95.html#pgfId-164938 

- the L2L vpn was supported from 9.0

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa90/release/notes/asarn90.html

Can someone @ Cisco Systems tell us when in multiple context mode ASA will support the VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN /dynamic routing ?

Thanks

Mutlitple context DOES NOT support VPN.

You can read here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/contexts.html#wp1146747

Unsupported Features

Multiple context mode does not support the following features:

Dynamic routing protocols

Security contexts support only static routes. You cannot enable OSPF, RIP, or EIGRP in multiple context mode.

VPN

Multicast routing. Multicast bridging is supported.

Threat Detection

Phone Proxy

-KS

thanks for the reply ... but I know ASA doens't support it ... also the SSL VPN are not supported on multiple context mode...

BUT when (it's possible to know when will be available ) in multiple context mode ASA will support the VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN /dynamic routing ?

Thanks

The question is clear this time. Will find out and let you know.

-KS

I know this is an older thread but when will the ASA support VPN in multicontext mode?

We are looking to do a managed firewall solution with the ASA but no VPN support is a deal breaker.

Instead we maybe looking down the Checkpoint or Juniper Netscreen path.

Are there any plans to have this support?  Are there any alternatives?

We do have an enhancement request filed for this that you can read here:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsm17507

We still do not have an ETA.

-KS

Hello,

please can you give me access to the bug (my cco userid is r.taccon) ?

"

Dear valued Cisco Bug Toolkit customer, the bug ID CSCsm17507 you searched contains proprietary information that cannot be disclosed at this time; therefore, we are unable to display the bug details. Please note it is our policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in Bug Toolkit to best assist our customers. As a result, the system administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem.

"

Regards

Roberto Taccon

Has there been any progress on this? Would be very interested to know when VPN & dynamic routing will be available in multi-context mode.

Me too:

"Has there been any progress on this? Would be very interested to know  when VPN & dynamic routing will be available in multi-context mode."

Regards

Roberto Taccon

I just read over the release notes for ASA 8.4 and it mentions nothing.  Doesnt look like it will happen in this release.

ROBERTO TACCON
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Cisco,

when (it's possible to know when will be available ) in multiple context mode ASA will support the VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN /dynamic routing ?

and about the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module

Q. Are there any software features available in Cisco ASA 5500 Series appliances that are not supported in the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module?
A. Yes. While at FCS the ASA Services Module will use the feature set of Cisco ASA Software Version 8.4.1, not all features will be enabled. Specifically, VPN capabilities and Unified Communications licenses will not be available on the ASA Services Module at FCS. All other major features of Cisco ASA Software Version 8.4.1 will be available to the ASA Services Module at FCS.

Q. Does the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module support VPNs?
A. Not at FCS. The ASA Services Module is fully capable of supporting VPNs, but Cisco ASA Software has not yet been certified to work with VPNs.

when (it's possible to know when will be available ) in multiple context mode the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module will support the VPN IPSEC / SSL VPN /dynamic routing ?

Regards

Roberto Taccon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: