Views
Helpful
Replies

server hardware for CUCM 6 upwards

zong8
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I plan to buy a server to start with my Voice lab. I have the below spec for the sever and would like to know if CUCM will run on it with the VMware.

I plan to upgrade this servers with 8GB of RAM.

Could you guys please let me know if CUCM will run on both of the below.

1) HP ProLiant ML115 G5 AMD Opteron 1354 Quad Core / 1GB / 160GB / DVD Optical / 1 Year Warranty / Tower Server

2) HP ProLiant ML110 G5 – Server – micro tower – 4U – 1-way – 1 x Xeon 3065 / 2.33 GHz – RAM 1 GB – HDD 1 x 250 GB – DVD±RW (+R double layer) – Gigabit Ethernet -

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, CUCM will install on these servers using VMware for use in a lab environment. Neither server will be supported by Cisco for use in a production environment. Virtualization support for a production environment will begin with CUCM 8 and will initially be supported only on UCS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, CUCM will install on these servers using VMware for use in a lab environment. Neither server will be supported by Cisco for use in a production environment. Virtualization support for a production environment will begin with CUCM 8 and will initially be supported only on UCS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I shall go ahead and order one of these.This is purely for LAB purpose.

Hi Brandon,

I now have the new HP Proliant AMD opteron Quad Core server with 1TB HD and 8Gig RAM.

I am trying to install CUCM 6.0.1 on a Virtual machine and get this error "Could not find kernal image:linux" Does this mean my image is corrupted? Where can i source an image for CUCM7.0 or CUCM7.1. Could you please help. I have this server since a week and unable to progress further.

Thanks

Mohammed

Yes, this could be caused by a corrupt image. I have seen this problem mentioned with other CUCM versions. Would recommend obtaining another DVD.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I have access to download software from cisco.com, Can I download CUCM software from cisco's website for LAB purpose?

I have been trying to download it but the options I get are "upgrade assistance, locale installer" nowhere I find a proper CUCM image to download?

Thanks

Mohammed

No, you will not be able to download the full install DVD image. You'll need to obtain another disk.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: