cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 800 issue!

khalid.meraj
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing speed issues to our MPLS  for some time, we had a similar problem last September which meant our MPLS  was unusable, at that time we switched off the Cisco 800 router and the MPLS was fine, switched it back on and it was ok.

At the end of last week the response on the MPLS was unusable again and we have been receiving complaints from the users. We checked out the MPLS and that was fine, rebooted the router which improves the situation.

Today  I switched off the Cisco Router, we had some ping tests running which had been failing badly, as soon as we switched off the Cisco the pings were returned perfectly. We left the router off for 10 mins and then switched the router back on; the responses for now appear to be fine.

However, there is obviously a problem with the Cisco 800 router which is causing excessive next work trouble on our network and seems to be flooding our WGuard and the Global Crossing router

(MPLS/Internet) which is not acceptable. This appears to build up over a period of time.

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Likely the router needs a software update.

This is the information regarding this ios currently installed on the router please review and tell is it require update to fix this issue!

----------------

Cisco IOS Software, C860 Software (C860-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.4(15)XZ, RELE
ASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 11-Apr-08 23:54 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(15r)XZ2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Office uptime is 6 days, 10 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:c860-universalk9-mz.124-15.XZ.bin"

861 (MPC8300) processor (revision 0x100) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memo
ry.
Processor board ID FCZ1230922X

5 FastEthernet interfaces
4294967295 terminal lines
256K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
126000K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

License Information for 'c860-data'

Configuration register is 0x2102

Recommend upgrade to latest 15.0 M.

can you please guide me how to do this?

upgraded the router IOS but it didn't really help same condition have to restart the router when it start dropping lot's of Packets and then after the restart it works fine for day or two and then going in to the same condition??????????? any solution to this problem

Either you simplify configuratio to eliminate some buggy features, or cotnact the TAC for help.

You keep it well ventilated? what does the CPU usage look like (sh proc cpu hist)?  You can always smash it with a hammer .  All kidding aside, sounds like bad hardware.

No, things stop working after few days, and reload fixes it, mean software bug, generally a memory leak.

IOS already updated and it didn't resolve the issue can you tell me how to check this MPLS bit you are talking about as I am

not cisco expert. But keep in mind it didn't work after a quick reboot have to switch it off for

5 to 10 minute to bring it to life any Idea and if I have to check the memory leak then

how I be able to do it?

Things so being, best is that you open a case with Cisco TAC and rely on their advice.

Bad RAM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco

Ā