We recently upgraded CUCM to 7.1 (126.96.36.199000-1 exactly). When we were running 6.1 I had no problem using the BAT spreadsheet. Since we did the major upgrade I decided to download the new version of the BAT spreadsheet. I am running Excel 2007 (which, btw, was upgraded at about the same time the CUCM upgrade occurred, coincidentally. I think I was running Excel 2003 before that.)
Now when I try to 'Create File Tile' on the "Phones" tab or when I try to 'Export to BAT Format' on the Phones-Users tab (on which I could execute a Create File Tile, interestingly) I get a Microsoft Visual Basic error stating "Compile Error: Method or data member not found" and .TxtNoofLines in the text (Sheet1.TxtNoofLines.Text) is highlighted, suggesting that .TxtNoofLines is what cannot be found. You can hit 'Ok,' but then it brings you back to the spreadsheet and doesn't do what you wanted.
I went into the Excel Trust Center and selected "Enable All Macros," so I don't think that is the problem.
Thanks - Rob.