Scott Fella Thu, 03/04/2010 - 17:37
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Is the AP configured to hand out DHCP address or are you suppose to get and IP from a local DHCP server.  Post your configuration so we can take a look.

Scott Fella Fri, 03/05/2010 - 09:34
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Post your show run.  Doesn't look like itsit's configured right.

Scott Fella Mon, 03/08/2010 - 07:10
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Do you have a dhcp server on the network?  I see your interface isn't setup with a static ip address or did you remove it from the configuration you posted:

interface BVI1
ip address static ip 255.255.255.248
no ip route-cache

If you do have a dhcp server on the network, then you could setup the BVI1 interface to obttain a dhcp address.  If you don't have a dhcp server, then you will need a static ip on the BVI interface and you will have to create a dhcp pool on the AP.

favioscar69 Mon, 03/08/2010 - 08:39
User Badges:

I have a static IP, them you said that if I configure a dhcp pool, notebooks hat join this AP would obtain IP address?

Scott Fella Mon, 03/08/2010 - 08:43
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

I didn't see an ip address in the configuration you posted.  Do you have a dhcp server on your network?  How are the wireless clients suppose to get an ip address?

favioscar69 Wed, 03/10/2010 - 07:15
User Badges:

My apologies if I have not been clear so far. My ISP gave me a useful range of IP with which I connect to the Internet (for example if I connect a notebook to RJ45 with ip, gateway etc and I can browse)
I am attaching two files, one and a photo of my screen l notebbok responds when I connect to the WIFI network and the other is the show

You can see in the jpg that does not assign an IP

Attachment: 
Scott Fella Wed, 03/10/2010 - 10:52
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Why not get a a router to do nat and have that router issue dhcp address.... then you can connect that ap to the router.  what range did your isp give you?

Actions

This Discussion