Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 doesn´t delivery IP

favioscar69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I configured an aironet 1200 but when I tried connected with it the AP doesn´t assing IP to my PC?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the AP configured to hand out DHCP address or are you suppose to get and IP from a local DHCP server.  Post your configuration so we can take a look.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I configured it. When I discovery network in a notebook appears but the AP doent assign any IP

Post your show run.  Doesn't look like itsit's configured right.

-Scott

I attach it

Do you have a dhcp server on the network?  I see your interface isn't setup with a static ip address or did you remove it from the configuration you posted:

interface BVI1
ip address static ip 255.255.255.248
no ip route-cache

If you do have a dhcp server on the network, then you could setup the BVI1 interface to obttain a dhcp address.  If you don't have a dhcp server, then you will need a static ip on the BVI interface and you will have to create a dhcp pool on the AP.

-Scott

I have a static IP, them you said that if I configure a dhcp pool, notebooks hat join this AP would obtain IP address?

I didn't see an ip address in the configuration you posted.  Do you have a dhcp server on your network?  How are the wireless clients suppose to get an ip address?

-Scott

My apologies if I have not been clear so far. My ISP gave me a useful range of IP with which I connect to the Internet (for example if I connect a notebook to RJ45 with ip, gateway etc and I can browse)
I am attaching two files, one and a photo of my screen l notebbok responds when I connect to the WIFI network and the other is the show

You can see in the jpg that does not assign an IP

Why not get a a router to do nat and have that router issue dhcp address.... then you can connect that ap to the router.  what range did your isp give you?

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card