This discussion is locked

Unanswered Question
Feb 26th, 2010

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn more about Cisco Small Business products With Nelson Seto.  Nelson is a Tech Support Engineer for the small business product line of PBX, ATA and IP Phones.  His experience includes SPA9000/400, ATA’s such as PAP2T/SPA2102/3102/8000 and the phones which are the SPA9xx series and SPA5xx series.  He has been in this position at Cisco for almost 5 years assisting our field engineers, sales engineers and service providers.

Remember to use the rating system to let Nelson know if you have received an adequate response.

Nelson might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Our moderators will post many of the unanswered questions in other discussion forums shortly after the event. This event lasts through March 12, 2010. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hello Expert!

I have a scenario I've ran into a few times and I'm having issues finding detailed definitions on codecs and transcoding to answer my question.

Incoming SIP call leg is G729 (CUBE) and outgoing call leg to CUCM is G711.  Do you gain some quality back transcoding to G711 or is it once you go G729 might as well keep it that way?

nseto Mon, 03/01/2010 - 16:11

Generally the codec should just remain as is, but there are times when the codec must

be synchronous (in and out) and that's when it would need to change.  Our line of products can be run asynchronous.

dweiss151 Tue, 03/02/2010 - 12:23

Hi Expert!

I have Cisco 7940s that reset when you ever you select Network Configurations!  Please, please help!

Firmware Version
Application Load ID
Boot Load ID

Thank you so much!

tenaro.gusatu.novici Wed, 03/10/2010 - 21:52

Hi there,

can ATAs be configured with certificates so I can establish secure connection with my CUCM (in HQ, behind the firewall) even if ATA is on public network? Which signaling protocols are supported by those ATA's?

P.S. If you are not familiar with CUCM can you let us know if it is working with your IPPBX?

herzogcontracting Thu, 03/11/2010 - 11:50

Can you have multiple lines on a 7937 phone? I can't figure out a way to make them both show.

This Discussion