Steven DiStefano Tue, 03/02/2010 - 07:25
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I am asking the product team internally and will report back with what they provide.

Steve DiStefano

SE

U.S. Partner Sales

Stephane.Guedon Thu, 05/27/2010 - 04:01
User Badges:

Final answer ...

At this time, the SA 540 is not manageable .... nos oid for memory/CPU ...

Only interfaces ...

Steven DiStefano Thu, 05/27/2010 - 08:27
User Badges:

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

Just clarify the requirement in terms of FCAPS beyond just configuration to fault management, which is what I think you need?

So you have a NMS (Cisco Information Center (Micromuse), or HP Open view), where Traps and maybe SYSLOGs are collected and displayed to alert network managers about the health of their network.  And perhaps you also want to do Performance management tools in the NOC that periodically query the SNMP OIDs for periodic status of CPU and Memory.  

So your interested in CPU  utilization passing thresholds and free memory running low.  If not please elaborate on use case?

Stephane.Guedon Thu, 05/27/2010 - 12:16
User Badges:

Hi Steve,

Use cases are:

1. Fault management (traps send by device to one or more SNMP manager)
  2. SNMP Get values (for capacity and monitoring).

In my opinion here is what's missing on the SA 5xx:

1. Fault Management => SNMP Version (1,2,3)
  2. Monitoring:
    1. SNMP Version
    2. Get value for all informations such as
      1. All I can get with Device Status( Ressources utilization, Statistics)
      2. VPNs stats

Regards

Stéphane Guédon

Steven DiStefano Thu, 05/27/2010 - 13:05
User Badges:

Thanks for taking the time to provide field feedback.   I have passed this to the product Development and Engineering team.

gherbstman Thu, 12/16/2010 - 05:08
User Badges:

I would also suggest Netflow and a way in the built-in interface to view traffic and utilization on a per protocol and per host basis.

sailmarc Fri, 07/29/2011 - 17:40
User Badges:

I second the motion on Netflow or something similar.

Actions

This Discussion