cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS32win evaluation CRC errors

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to install the lms32win (LAN Managment System) evaluation software.  The download from cisco.com using the cisco dowload tool seems to go ok.  However, when I try to copy the zip file to a usb drive windows xp gives me a crc error so I can't make the copy.

I tried burning the zip file to disc.  I still get the CRC error when I tried to copy it from the CD-R to another machine.

I tried unzipping the file, but the resulting exe gave me CRC's when I try to copy also.

Is the lms32win a bad file?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps the image that's currently on the servers is corrupted. I'd suggest contacting the TAC for a verified copy. I'd give you one but I don't think that would be consistent with the license terms one acknowledges when downloading.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It sure sounds like a corrupted file. Delete it and download a fresh copy.

I dowloaded twice to my pc at work but both times I had the crc errors.

I then downloaded it at home on my home laptop and I got the crc errors there also when I tried to copy it to a usb drive.

Perhaps the image that's currently on the servers is corrupted. I'd suggest contacting the TAC for a verified copy. I'd give you one but I don't think that would be consistent with the license terms one acknowledges when downloading.

My SE got me a copy on DVD so I'm set.