cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Release QuickVPN client 1.4.0.5 for windows 7 does not work????

erasmomar
Level 1
Level 1

New release of QuickVPN client version  1.4.0.5  for windows 7 is not working properly.

We can not connect; instead we receive this message:

"Remote Gateway is not responding, do you want to wait?"

Dear Cisco,,,,

Your release is not complete; please correct issue and advise after it has been tested.

Rgds, EM

29 Replies 29

atsats2009
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings Cisco,

Ive tried various QuickVPN client versions you have released including the 'new' 1.4.0.5 version.  I recieve the same error as the person above while trying to connect to rv082.  I also called in for tech support which wasnt much help.  Maybe you should try installing windows xp pro/windows 7 clean, install your client, use your rv082 product out of the box and connect to it and see if you recieve the same message as everyone else has?  Any changes you made to connect should be documented properly and posted up here in the forum for all of us to read.

thank you.

josruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Erasmomar,

I think that the problem is not window 7 nor the quick VPN software, is very difficult to give exact idea of the issue that you are having.

you are not reaching to your gateway meaning( WHEN VPN IS TRYING TO CONNECT, IS GETTING TO THE ROUTER AT ALL), it seems like your ISP provider has some VPN ports closed, if this is not case, run a log and posted here so we can look and see what is happening.

Sorry josruiz, but this is the worst explanation what you could thik of. I have the same problem with QVPN Client and I'm waiting for corectly operating clinet from five months.

How do you explain, that on the same router, on the same network, but on other computer with other OS (Windows XP) Cisco QVPN client works fine?

Mr. mateusz.kiziorek; please I would like you to contact us at 1866-606-1866 US/CANADA, then ask for me Jose Ruiz, allow me to try and fix the issues your are having with window 7 in your network.

Thanks.

Jose Ruiz
Cisco SBSC Network Engineer
CCNA, CEET

Hello gentlemen,

One high-level thing I'd like to bring up is with your Windows 7 OS, do you have the Windows Firewall on or off?

Also, do you have any third-party firewalls/anti-virus/anti-spyware on the client machine?

I personally am having a good deal of luck working with the 1.4.0.5 version on 64-bit platforms and Windows Vista/Seven on my client machines.

Allow us to attempt to help you get this connected before giving up on Quickvpn, I know it's frustrating, but we can test your accounts you've set up on our Windows Seven machines and create a case for you.

Thank you for your patience,

-Lindsey

Hello,

In my case the answers are as follows:

"Do you have the Windows Firewall on or off?"

The Windows Firewall is ON.

Maybe, on Windows Firewall should I change some default parameters?

"Do you have any third-party firewalls/anti-virus/anti-spyware on the client machine?"

No, I don't have any third-party firewalls. I have Kaspersky antivirus only, but there is no changes when Kaspersky is disabled (closed).

And here is more details about my networks:

I have home network with Linksys WRT54GC (WAN address is public, LAN is 10.0.0.x) or GSM connection with public address on my computer (without NAT).

Remote networks are:

Linksys WRV200 (WAN address is public, LAN is 192.168.0.x) and RV042 (WAN address is public, LAN is 192.168.1.x).

Both of routers uses DynDNS.

In this environment everything works fine when I’m using computer with Microsoft XP.

:)

Please ask, ifyou need more details.

Best regards,

Mateusz.

Mateusz,

I am not offering this as a solution, but if you could, I would like to have you try one thing.  Instead of putting the DynDNS name in for the connection, try the actual IP address of the router you are trying to connect to, and post your results.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

I tried your suggestions, but the results are the same.

Here is log from QVPN:
2010/03/13 17:45:44 [STATUS]OS Version: Windows XP
2010/03/13 17:45:44 [STATUS]Windows Firewall is ON
2010/03/13 17:45:44 [STATUS]One network interface detected with IP address 192.168.1.34
2010/03/13 17:45:44 [STATUS]Connecting...
2010/03/13 17:45:44 [STATUS]Connecting to remote gateway with IP address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
2010/03/13 17:45:45 [WARNING]Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer.
2010/03/13 17:45:52 [STATUS]Remote gateway was reached by https ...
2010/03/13 17:45:52 [STATUS]Provisioning...
2010/03/13 17:45:56 [STATUS]Success to connect.
2010/03/13 17:45:56 [STATUS]Tunnel is configured. Ping test is about to start.
2010/03/13 17:45:56 [STATUS]Verifying Network...
2010/03/13 17:46:02 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!
2010/03/13 17:46:05 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!
2010/03/13 17:46:08 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!
2010/03/13 17:46:11 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!
2010/03/13 17:46:14 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

I think, the background of problem is somewhere between QVPN Client and Windows Firewall… Have you any other suggestions?

Best regards
Mateusz.

I would like to add one additional thing to check:

Navigate to Control Panel ---- Administrative Tools ---- Services ---- IPSEC Services = Make sure STATUS SHOWS STARTED.

Then try to connect via quick vpn

Recap:

Latest client 1.4.0.5

Windows Firewall ON

IPSEC Services is STARTED

Windows 7, XP , VISTA

Hope this helps,

Jarocca Harper

I just looked on my Win7 Pro services and don't see exactly the service you say should be running.  I do have an "IPsec Policy Agent" running and an "IP Helper" also running.

Still doesn't work.

With Win7 and Norton Internet Security 2010 running, one cannot also run Windows firewall.  I have been working with Symantec and they claim that because the problem exists even when NIS is disabled and in either case, the connection is made and shows as existing on the router, it MUST be a Cisco issue with either QVPN or the router firmware or both.

It sure would be nice to get this to work again.  It is the only remaining issue after installing Win7.  Anything else I can do to help troubleshoot?

Thanks.

...Rich

Jarharpe,

I've started this services, and QVPN Client still doesn't work :(

Mateusz.

Hello all.  Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem.

I am having the same issue: QuickVPN 1.4.0.5 with Windows 7 results in a ping timeout or "The remote gateway is not responding.  Do you want to wait?".  I run a separate command window running a continuous ping of one of the computers within the network that I am attempting to VPN into, and there is no response - i.e. no connection.

I have tried the following configurations:

Windows XP, multiple service packs, Norton installed - connection successful

Windows 7, no firewall - CONNECTION FAILS

Windows 7, Windows Firewall (per release notes) - CONNECTION FAILS

Windows 7, McAfee Firewall - CONNECTION FAILS

Windows 7, all firewall configs above, running in administrator mode - CONNECTION FAILS

Windows 7, all firewall configs above, running in XP compatibilty mode - CONNECITON FAILS

Note that I tried the connection from several hotels, and I have had my brother try the same test from his ISP, so I have ruled out ISP issues.  Windows 7 seems to be the common demoninator.

I did notice that the IPSec service is not present in Windows 7, replaced instead with IPSec Policy Agent.  I have been unable to find IPSec service on Windows 7.

My research leads me to believe that for some reason Windows 7 is not echoing ICMP4 packets.  I wish there was a simple way in Windows to test that theory.

The router is RVS4000.

Anybody making progress on this?

Thanks,

Rich

Seems that QVPN requires that you allow your router to be exposed to ICMP packets on the outside.  Do you have "Block WAN Request" enabled or disabled on the Firewall tab of your RV042?  If it's enabled, try disabling it and see if that helps.

Brian,

I've tried your solution, but it still doesn't work :(

any other sugestions?

best regards,

Mateusz.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: