Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 with Internet & SIP from different providers

I have customer that has the Internet line from Provider A and the SIP line from Provider B. I want to connect both lines on a UC540. Each line has its own modem and IP address. If I connect the Internet line on the WAN interface (fa0/0) where can I connect the SIP line?

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The UC540 does not have Dual WAN interfaces.  It currently only offers one WAN interface.  If you are looking to have two connections coming from 2 different providers, you will need to install a Dual-WAN router in front of the UC540 like an SA520, which allows for a Dual-WAN configuration.

Thank you,

Darren

How hard is it to setup load balancing / failover with a SA520.

We currently have a ADSL over PSTN model hooked up to our UC520.  Would it be difficult to make the move over to having a SA520 in front of the UC520.?

Does the SA520 support CCA?

Would the Second WAN port on the SA520 require an internet connection with a static IP, or would dynamic IP be ok?

Lastly, we use a CCA configured EZ_VPN with our UC520. I read somewhere that the SA520 does not support EZ_VPN.  How would this affect my ability to use the Cisco VPN client to connect to our network remotely.

EDIT:  I was also looking at the Cisco 887 Router.  It has a build in ADSL port which would be nice to have.  Would the Cisco 887 be much harder than the SA520 to configure to have WAN Failover or Load Balancing hooked up to the UC520.  I know there was a guide for the Cisco 871 that I saw a while back, I would assume that the 887W configuration would be similar.

Thanks!

Hi Reid,

If you do a little searching on this site, you can find just about everything you need to configure the UC520 and the SA520 for the scenario that you talk about.  Look specifically for a technical lab 6 about "SA500 in front of UC500" and it should walk you through the necessary steps.

For VPN passthrough, just follow the instructions at the bottom of the lab. I have setup my last three customers with UC540/SA520 scenarios similar to the one that you are describing.

Thanks,

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: