cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Advantage and VMware

cdickerson
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know how to get Mobility Advantage to install on VMware ESX?  It does a hardware check and comes back as invalid.  Yes I know it's not supported, not looking to get support from Cisco, just trying to learn and evaluate the product.  thanks

-Craig

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't installed this application in VMWare but I've installed it in production.  I don't believe there is a "default" license persay so even if you get it loaded, you may not be able to do too much with it.  That's not me saying you shouldn't try, just giving you the heads up.

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

What version of CUMA were you tryig to install?  I've installed 7.0.2, 7.1.3 and 7.1.4 on VMWare ESX 4.0.  Worked like a charm.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Maybe thats my problem.  We received the CD with our CUWL licenses.  It says 3.1.2 on it. Looks like 7.1.3 is the most current.  Guess I need to contact Cisco to get a more recent copy.

Yeah, that would be one problem. There are major architectural differences in 3x vs. 7x. If you need help in getting steered towards the right documentation, let me know. Also, if you have CUWL then you should be entitled to order the updated media yourself from the Cisco self service portal.

So I got the upgraded version 7 software from Cisco,  they only sent me a application DVD, no Operating System.  It's the OS that I can't get to install.  Is there a special part number or something I should of requested to get the version 7 OS DVD as well?  On a side note, does CallManager 8 include the CUMA functionalty?  Thanks!

The OS is integrated into the application disc.  There's no separate OS CD for it.

CUMA is not integrated in CUCM.  Mobility feature is. (Mobility feature means Unified Mobility: SNR, MVA, etc.)

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: